JK

JK

Deliverance (Modern Library 100 Best Novels)
James Dickey
Blue Ice
Brian Dice
Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat - Gwen Cooper First Reads Review

I'm the type of person who sees your pet as a family member and not a possession. That being said, this was an endearing novel. I love stories about furry family members, the good and the bad. No matter how depressing a story of a pet may become, it is always heartwarming know there was someone that loved that animal like family.

First off, I really loved Homer's name and how it was picked. My brother in law has a one eyed cat whose name is Polyphemus - king of the Cyclops. It's easier to embrace their condition when you face it head on and don't let yourself feel sorry for them because of it.

I enjoyed the parts that focused most on Homer and the other cats. The details of Cooper's life weren't so interesting. I don't mean that to be insulting or to say she's a person I wouldn't care to meet... it's just that I find it hard to really care about someone's life when I will no nothing past the book. If that makes any sense.

So for what it is, you will get to read about an awesome cat and the tales surrounding him, but you will also being reading about a stranger's life. Take what you will from that, whether it be appealing or unappealing.