JK

JK

Deliverance (Modern Library 100 Best Novels)
James Dickey
Blue Ice
Brian Dice
Free Will - Sam Harris How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you say the same thing? Random firing of synapses in my brain led me to write that question so many times.

And that's this book in a nutshell.

I give it two stars because I agree with Harris' stance on free will to a degree. I feel like there was nothing of real value in this book. There are no compelling arguments of Harris' stance nor are there any rebutles of opposing arguments. Harris gives his argument as to why there is no such thing as free will and repeats it ad nauseum. He doesn't agree with an opposing view, so what's his argument against it? That he believes something else. That's it. I'm not sure why he felt the need to have chapter either. Each new category is the same thing again and again. The first paragraph manages to give you a glimpse of how the notion of no free will affects various aspects of our lives but then devolves into the same rant again. We've no control over our brains, there's no free will! Blah de fucking blah.