JK

JK

Deliverance (Modern Library 100 Best Novels)
James Dickey
Blue Ice
Brian Dice
A Madness of Angels - Kate Griffin Much more dense than the average urban fantasy novel, but that's a good thing. Excellent characters, setting, magic, world building. Everything is pretty darn awesome. The writing is superb, both serious and funny at the same time.

It's hard to say this because of the nature of the character, but I would have liked to have seen a little more Matthew. I'd also like to see a little less of the near-infinite power of the Electric Blue Angels. Super-omege-I-beat-everything special powers kinda suck. Actually, they suck a lot

I did mention that this is more dense and that it was a good thing. That's most of the time. Every once in a while it would get a little tedious reading about every little thing having it's own magic. I got that point pretty early on. Or every street being mentioned and every random thing associated with said streets. Sometimes it was just... a little too much. So, yeah, it was great that there was so much detail and care put into the story, but sometimes it was a bother as well.

OYE.